Part two of Icefrog’s now-regular Dota 2 updates has arrived, meaning it’s also time to quickly catch up with all the changes. Two weeks after the first one, we’re receiving a much smaller patch, officially 7.09, to keep a few things relatively fresh — including for the upcoming Dota Pro Circuit Major, ESL One Katowice.
For everyone, starting gold has been bumped down from 625 to 600. Heroes across the gold will need to chose their start items more wisely, as players picking smaller “casual” items will take the hit. However, Bounty runes now reward 40 gold to every hero on the team, meaning minute-zero actions will be much more risky but rewarding.
Supports are going to be excited to hear many of the changes, which will make their early-game utility much more achievable. Off the bat, the courier price has been dropped from 200 to a mere 50 gold, making early-game wealth a bit more viable. On top of that, technical prowess by babysitting supports will be rewarded with a 15% gold bonus on stacked camp kills to the player who stacked it. (And now the final scoreboard shows how many camps you’ve stacked, too!)
Unfortunately for midlaners and their game-start supports, Tangoes have also increased in price, from 5 pieces/125 gold to 3 pieces/90 gold. This is a five gold per tango increase, so combined with the starting gold drop, supports will be a bit more hard-pressed to get other items such as wards and dust.
These 7.09 tweaks are now available to download and play in-game. Check out the full patch notes below for all the details on this new patch.
Non-Gameplay (Bugs, visuals, UI, etc.)
- Lane creeps now have a minor knockback based on the amount of hero damage in the killing blow
- Nature’s Guise now shows a buff icon to show when Treant remains within range of trees
- Fixed Flesh Golem heal not taking into account temporary increases to max HP
- Fixed location of familiars when player had bought Aghs or chose the +1 Familiar talent
- Courier no longer try to deliver gems if your inventory is full.
- Added number of camps stacked to the support column of the post game scoreboard
Minor Windranger updates to model, textures and attachment point for bow strings.
Fixed Windranger taunt not showing when you don’t have vision of the center of the map.
- Custom Guides:
Added last updated time to the guide details view in the In-Game guide picker.
Added a toggle near the language filter to prioritize recent guides
- Custom Games:
The local lobby list is now sorted by oldest lobby first.
Custom Games: Fixed a bug where loading into a custom game would occasionally fail to find the necessary files (resulting in a crash or missing interface elements).
Patch 7.09 — Gameplay
- Courier cost reduced from 200 to 50
- Starting gold is reduced from 625 to 600
- Tangoes now come with 3 charges and cost 90 gold
- Initial bounty rune now gives +40 gold to all heroes instead of 100 to the hero that picks it up (those bounty runes look slightly different)
- Killing a neutral camp stack now gives a bonus 15% gold bounty to the hero that stacked it. No bonus is given if the stack is cleared by an enemy or the hero that stacked it. (New audio is now played once a stack is successful. Stacked neutrals have a buff with the stacker’s hero icon on it)
- Tier 1 mid lane towers are now a bit closer to the river
- Removed a tree in the radiant jungle (to the top right of the blue crystals near the ancients)
- Range creep attack acquisition range reduced from 800 to 600